36th ASEAN summit underscores “cohesive and responsive” spirit
ASEAN leaders will review activities since the previous summit, ASEAN’s cooperation in the first half of this year, and discuss operations in the second half regarding Political-Security, Economics, and Socio-Cultural Community. The summit will focus on dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic and ASEAN’s recovery.
Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyen Quoc Dung, Head of the ASEAN Senior Officials’ Meeting Vietnam (SOM), told a press briefing in Hanoi on Tuesday: “As Chair of ASEAN, Vietnam and other members have taken on tasks of fighting Covid-19 and building the ASEAN Community by implementing priorities and initiatives for 2020. Over the past 6 months, ASEAN has cooperated in the spirit of cohesive responsiveness to make it a global model in Covid-19 response.”
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc will chair the opening ceremony, the plenary session, a special session on women’s empowerment in the digital age, as well as dialogues between ASEAN leaders and the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly(AIPA), ASEAN youth representatives, and the ASEAN Business Advisory Council.
The ASEAN leaders are scheduled to issue Chairman Statement on the results of the 36th summit, a Vision on cohesive and responsive ASEAN, and ASEAN Statement on human resource development in a changing world.
- Da Nang aims to become attractive logistics centre by 2030
- NetEase Games Unveils PinCool, Inc., a New Multifunctional Studio Aiming to Produce Global Entertainment Content
- Veken And ESY SUNHOME Reached A Strategic Cooperation on Sodium Batteries to Jointly Promote the New Development of Energy Storage
- TYAN Server Platforms to Boost Data Center Computing Performance with 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors at Computex 2023
- SparkLabs Cultiv8 launches CleanTech Accelerator