National action plan on sustainable production, consumption issued
Vietnam sets 17 goals for 2030
|Ensuring sustainable production and consumption, one of the sustainable development goals for 2030. Photo: Vu Sinh /VNA /CVN|
The resolution defines 17 sustainable development goals by 2030 for Vietnam, including:
1. End poverty in all its forms across the country.
2. End hunger, guarantee food security, improve nutrition and promote sustainable development in agriculture.
3. Ensure healthy lives and improve the well-being of people of all ages.
4. Ensure quality, equitable and inclusive education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
5. Achieve gender equality, empower and create opportunities for women and girls.
6. Ensure adequate and sustainable management of water resources and sanitation systems for all.
7. Guarantee access to sustainable, reliable and affordable energy for all.
8. Ensure sustainable, integral and continuous economic growth; create decent, productive and quality jobs for all.
9. Build highly resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and strengthen innovation.
10. Reduce social inequalities.
11. Develop sustainable and resilient urban and rural areas; ensure a safe working and living environment, distribute the population and the workforce reasonably by region.
12. Ensure sustainable production and consumption.
13. Adapt quickly and effectively to climate change and natural disasters.
14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
15. Protect and develop forests in a sustainable manner, conserve biodiversity, develop ecosystem services, fight against desertification, prevent degradation and restore land resources.
16. Promote a peaceful, democratic, just, equitable and civilized society for sustainable development, creating accessibility to justice for all; build effective, accountable institutions at all levels.
17. Strengthen implementation modalities and foster global partnership for sustainable development.
In order to achieve these goals, the resolution proposes common tasks and solutions, requiring ministries, sectors and localities to continue to seriously implement the national action plan in a synchronous and effective manner.