Vietnam, ADB strengthen cooperation in building socio-economic strategies
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc receives ADB Country Director Andrew Jeffries (Photo: Thống Nhất – TTXVNrim)
The Prime Minister said Vietnam is aiming to fulfill the goal of containing the disease and boosting the economy. He said Vietnam appreciates the ADB’s assessment on Vietnam’s economic growth this year and asked the bank to help Vietnam develop the Strategy and Plan on Socio-Economic Development for the 2020-2025 period, work closely on the National Partnership Strategy for the 2021-2025 period, and accelerate the disbursement of agreements. He urged the ADB to work closely with Vietnamese ministries, sectors and localities to work out effective projects to meet Vietnam’s demand for development resources.
The ADB Director praised the Vietnamese government’s close cooperation with the ADB. He said he hopes ADB’s National Partnership Strategy and Vietnam’s socio-economic development strategies will come together to boost Vietnam’s growth. He said ADB is focusing on supporting the private sector and mobilizing more resources for development.
- Joint Statement of APEC Finance Ministers on economic control and recovery by Covid-19
- US criticizes China for breaking promise in the East Sea
- Indonesia learns from Vietnam’s successful handling of COVID-19 second wave
- Noi Bai Airport busy as domestic travel resumed
- Lang Son Customs focus on combating origin fraud and intellectual property