US labels Confucius Institute a Chinese foreign mission
The Confucius Institute at Troy University in Alabama, the US (Photo: NAS)
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement that the Trump administration has made it a priority to seek fair and reciprocal treatment from China.
For more than four decades Beijing has enjoyed free and open access to the US economy while denying that same access to Americans and other foreigners in China, he said.
Furthermore, China has taken advantage of the US’s openness to undertake large-scale and well-funded propaganda efforts to influence operations in the US, according to the statement.
- Joint Statement of APEC Finance Ministers on economic control and recovery by Covid-19
- US criticizes China for breaking promise in the East Sea
- Indonesia learns from Vietnam’s successful handling of COVID-19 second wave
- Noi Bai Airport busy as domestic travel resumed
- Lang Son Customs focus on combating origin fraud and intellectual property