Foreign leaders mourn former Party General Secretary of Vietnam
Writing in the condolence book, Bounnhang Vorachith said the passing of the former Party chief is a great loss to the Vietnamese Party, Government, and people.
The Party, State, and people of Laos have also lost a comrade and close friend, he said, stressing Mr. Phieu’s significant contributions to the great friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos.
The memorial service in Cambodia was attended by Vice President of the Senate Sim Ka, who extended his deep condolences to the National Assembly, government, and people of Vietnam and families of former Party leader Le Kha Phieu.
Services were also held by Vietnamese embassies in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Egypt.
Mr. Le Kha Phieu passed away last Friday in Hanoi at the age of 89 after a long illness. He became a Party member in 1949 and served as the General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam’s Central Committee from December, 1997, to April, 2001.
- ‘Exports fast like Dien may Xanh, with 3 times more stores than Cambodia’s biggest competitor
- Gelex has pledged more than 24 million shares of Viglacera
- Finished choosing an investor for a project of more than 300 billion VND in Bac Ninh city
- Vinh Hoan is about to advance more than 360 billion dong of dividend in 2020, closing on October 9
- The PM calls for the development of the
Gelex has pledged more than 24 million shares of Viglacera
Vietnamese economy likely to be second best performer in Asia-Pacific region this year
Deputy Defence Minister hosts Japanese Ambassador
VN chairs ASEAN Chiefs of Defense Forces’ Meeting
Bright prospects for fisheries sector in final quarter