Vietnamese mission to UN celebrates ASEAN’s founding anniversary
Head of Vietnam’s Permanent Mission to the UN Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy said ASEAN has been developing strongly since its inception 53 years ago, emerging from a war-torn to a region of peace, stability, prosperity and dynamic development. These achievements are attributed to the efforts of ASEAN people and the close relations with its partners around the world as well as the UN, he stressed. The ambassador affirmed the commitment to join hands with other nations to promote ASEAN-UN relations in politics, economy, culture and social affairs.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, was established on August 8, 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand, with the signing of the ASEAN Declaration by the five original members: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
- COVID-19: the country detects three new imported cases
- September 28 session: Foreign investors net sold for the 3rd consecutive session
- Dong Nai approved the planning of 1,128 adjacent land plots for the resettlement project
- Comment on derivative stocks on September 29: Be cautious at the resistance zone at 870-875 points
- Vietnam sets 17 goals for 2030