People from Covid-19-ravaged southern localities coming Hanoi must be quarantine
Hanoi has decided to quarantine all arrivals from the 19 southern provinces and cities which are being put under social distancing measures from today, July 22.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
Under the decision issued by the Hanoi City People’s Committee Chairman Chu Ngoc Anh, the regulation is imposed on all people from 19 southern localities of Binh Phuoc, Tay Ninh, Ba Ria-Vung Tau, and 13 Mekong Delta localities of Can Tho, Tien Giang, Long An, Vinh Long, Dong Thap, Ben Tre, Hau Giang, An Giang, Bac Lieu, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh, Ca Mau and Kien Giang.
These localities are applying social distancing measures in line with Government Directive 16 beginning from July 19.
Hanoi is also facing a rise in new local infections as the city is receiving thousands of people from other cities and provinces on a daily basis. As of Thursday morning, the capital city has confirmed 761 Covid-19 patients.
Earlier, people entering Hanoi from Covid-19-hit areas were only required for self-quarantine at home for 14 days.
- 37 New Sites Listed As UNESCO World Heritage in 2021
- Vietnam capital city of Hanoi records 81 new coronavirus cases in a single day
- Vietnam records 4,246 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam surpasses 150,000 total COVID-19 cases as up to 43,157 patients recovered
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc Vietnam to Further Join Efforts for Building World of Peace