Over 1,000 volunteers received second shots of Nano Covax vaccine in third-phase trials
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
More than 1,000 volunteers received their second shots of homegrown Nano Covax vaccine in its third phase of human trials, as announced by the Defence Ministry’s Military Medical University on July 19.
Prof. Dr. Maj. Gen. Hoang Van Luong, Deputy Director of the university, said after being injected, the volunteers are in stable conditions. Medical workers have asked them to update information about side effects if any on the e-Diary.
Over 12,000 remaining volunteers will get their second jab from July 26.
All volunteers are expected be fully vaccinated with two shots in mid-August.
Nano Covax is developed by the Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC based on recombinant DNA/protein technology. It went through the first-phase trial from December 18, 2020 and the second phase from February 26, 2021. The third phase started on June 11, 2021.
Results from the first two trial phases showed that all volunteers developed antibodies against the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- Vietnam News Today July 28 Food Stamps Allocate Market Time to Hanoi Residents
- Indian gov't may vaccinate children by next month: health minister
- Parliament eyes average growth of 6.5 - 7 percent for five years
- Fencing-Estonia win women's épée team to deliver nation's first Olympic gold medal in 13 years
- Delivery fees sharply increase in HCM City