Vietnam adds 80 more Covid-19 deaths
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Health Ministry confirmed Monday evening 80 Covid-19 deaths that had occurred July 9-19, pushing the death toll in the ongoing wave to 299.
Current epicenter HCMC recorded 70 of the 80 deaths, the others occurring in Dong Thap (5), Long An (2), and Tra Vinh, Bac Ninh and Vinh Long (one each).
The latest confirmation ups Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll to 334 since the pandemic first broke out in early 2020.
Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long said at a Monday meeting that the number of infected patients is set to increase in the coming days, leading in turn to an increase in the rate of critically ill patients.
The latest report from the health ministry says there were nearly 1,000 patients nationwide with severe and very severe prognosis as of Monday noon with 12 assessed to be close to death.
This article was originally published in VNExpress
- World News in Brief: August 4
- Vietnam News Today August 5 Vietnam Team Train Behind Closed Doors Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers
- Olympics: Athletics- Gold for De Grasse, another huge 400m hurdles record
- Additional 7,623 COVID-19 cases, infections in Ho Chi Minh City halve
- Health Ministry announces 3,352 more Covid-19 cases
Over VND24 trillion proposed for expressway linking HCMC, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc
Vietnam to be the world’s biggest garment exporter
Delivery startup Loship raises $12 mln from foreign investment fund
EVFTA, CPTPP bring about great economic benefits for Vietnam
Ministry to propose halving taxes for household, individual businesses