Numerous asymptomatic Covid-19 patients in HCM City quickly worsen
- Hypoxia is one of the leading causes of their worsening conditions
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Many Covid-19 patients in HCM City previously without symptoms have quickly experienced worsened health.
The information was given by Doctor Tran Van Khanh, director of Le Van Thinh which supports Covid-19 treatment at HCM City’s Covid-19 Field Hospital 3 in An Khanh Ward, Thu Duc City.
Since being put into operations on July 7, the 3,000-bed field hospital has received more than 2,000 patients. Among those, some 3-5% of previously asymptomatic patients have fallen into a more serious condition for a period of just 6-12 hours with respiratory failure.
This is a great challenge in the Covid-19 treatment in HCM City if medical treatment is not given at the appropriate time.
The same problem has also happened in the city’s Covid-19 Field Hospital 6 which is providing treatment for another 3,000 patients, according to Dr. Phan Minh Hoang, the hospital director.
Dr. Khanh said that it is important to prepare enough necessary medical equipment such as ventilators and X-ray machines for facilities as well as ambulances to ensure examination and transportation of patients.
Most of the affected patients are the elderly with underlying medical issues.
According to Dr. Khanh, hypoxia has been detected quite late among many Covid-19 patients at field hospitals in HCM City, which is one of the leading causes of their worsening conditions. In many cases, it is impossible to detect symptoms with a superficial examination.
HCM City is the epicenter of the country’s fresh outbreak, witnessing more than 2,000 daily cases for the first time on July 14.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- Olympics: Weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz wins first-ever gold for Philippines
- East China on highest alert as Typhoon In-Fa lingers
- Luckiest Days in August for Zodiac Signs Wedding and Other Activities
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 count in current wave surpasses 100,000
- Happy New Month Luckiest Days in August for Zodiac Signs Wedding and Other Activities