HCM City plans to use local schools as Covid-19 quarantine facilities
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
HCM City has planned to use local schools as Covid-19 quarantine facilities as the city has continued to witness a sharp rise in local infections.
On Sunday, the municipal Department of Education and Training conveyed the plan to the headmaster of local high schools, and teaching centres for continued education and the department’s vocational training schools to make preparations.
The headmasters have been asked to co-operate with Thu Duc District’s Steering Board for Covid-19 Prevention and Control for the plan implementation.
The use of schools for quarantine needs to be reported to the department regularly.
HCM City is now home to 155 high schools, centres for continued education, colleges and the Department of Education and Training’s vocational training schools.
Earlier, the city has decided to use 1,281 resettlement apartments as quarantine facilities for Covid-19 prevention.
Many hotels in the city are also offering quarantine services.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- World News in Brief: August 4
- Vietnam News Today August 5 Vietnam Team Train Behind Closed Doors Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers
- Olympics: Athletics- Gold for De Grasse, another huge 400m hurdles record
- Additional 7,623 COVID-19 cases, infections in Ho Chi Minh City halve
- Health Ministry announces 3,352 more Covid-19 cases
Over VND24 trillion proposed for expressway linking HCMC, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc
Vietnam to be the world’s biggest garment exporter
Delivery startup Loship raises $12 mln from foreign investment fund
EVFTA, CPTPP bring about great economic benefits for Vietnam
Ministry to propose halving taxes for household, individual businesses