HCMC plans for worsening Covid-19 scenario
- There are 13 hospitals in the city which receive and treat Covid-19 patients
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
HCM City has made preparations for a scenario of treating around 500 Covid-19 patients in serious condition.
In recent days, the number of Covid-19 patients recorded daily in HCM City were reaching the three digits. From July 27 to now, the city has reported 6,900 cases. It is predicted that the number of cases will continue rising in the coming days so the health sector has started preparations in cases where the city has up to 10,000-15,000 cases.
In this latest wave, the number of patients in serious conditions also increased. There are 13 hospitals in the city which receive and treat Covid-19 patients. Cho Ray Hospital and the Hospital for Tropical Diseases have 100 CU beds each. Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital has 75 ICU beds.
Thu Duc Hospital is now being prepared to receive patients in serious conditions with 50 ICU beds.
HCM City Department of Health asked hospitals on the list to review their equipment in case the city has 500 patients in serious conditions. The hospitals were also asked to retrain their staff on how to deal with Covid-19 and different patients. Ventilators and oxygen will be provided to hospitals based on their ICU beds.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- East China on highest alert as Typhoon In-Fa lingers
- Luckiest Days in August for Zodiac Signs Wedding and Other Activities
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 count in current wave surpasses 100,000
- Happy New Month Luckiest Days in August for Zodiac Signs Wedding and Other Activities
- VN-Index gains ground despite negative Covid-19 mood