Vietnam confirms 57 local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam recorded a total of 4,941 cases nationwide
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Ministry of Health confirmed 57 new local Covid-19 cases Friday evening, pushing its community tally in the new outbreak to 1,893.
Of the new cases, 39 were reported in the northern province of Bac Giang and 13 in Bac Ninh. Da Nang and Hanoi recorded two cases each while Lang Son had one.
All the new cases in Bac Giang are associated with existing outbreaks in the province’s Quang Chau, Van Trung and Noi Hoang – Song Khe industrial parks.
Of the 13 cases in Bac Ninh, 12 had come into contact with previous cases in the province and one is an employee in Bac Giang.
The two cases in Da Nang were people who’d had contact with previously confirmed Covid-19 patients, while those in Hanoi were detected at the K Hospital, a leading cancer treatment facility that is under a lockdown.
Vietnam recorded a total of 131 new cases and two deaths Friday, raising the nation’s Covid-19 tally to 4,941 with 2689 recoveries and 41 deaths.
In the latest outbreak starting April 27, 1,893 community transmissions have been recorded in 30 localities so far.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- 71-year-old Covid-19 patient in An Giang dies
- Forsberg fires Sweden to top of group in win over Slovakia
- Vietnam placed in No. 6 seed group for draw of World Cup's third qualifiers
- New Zealand Ambassador highlights relationship with Vietnam
- HCM City to kick off largest-ever COVID-19 vaccination campaign on the weekend