Four industrial parks in Bac Giang temporarily close for Covid-19 prevention
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Authorities in the northern province of Bac Giang have decided to temporarily close four industrial parks for Covid-19 prevention and control.
Van Trung, Quang Chau, Dinh Tram and Song Khe-Noi Hoang industrial parks are now shut.
The move is aimed to curb the rising number of Covid-19 cases in the province with the majority from these industrial parks. Quang Chau Industrial Park was hardest hit.
The province has imposed social distancing regulations on Viet Yen District and the three communes of Noi Hoang, Tien Phong and Yeu Lu in Yen Dung District from Tuesday.
Residents in these localities are required to stay home and only go out to buy food or medicine, to work in factories or manufacturing facilities, act as service providers, or in case of emergency. Gathering in public is not allowed and a minimum distance of two metres between each other in public must be maintained.
Viet Yen and Yen Dung have set up Covid-19 check-points. The districts have also tightened control over Covid-19 prevention and control at other local industrial parks.
Many state agency staff in the districts are permitted to work online.
As of Tuesday noon, Bac Giang recorded 474 Covid-19 cases.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- 71-year-old Covid-19 patient in An Giang dies
- Forsberg fires Sweden to top of group in win over Slovakia
- Vietnam placed in No. 6 seed group for draw of World Cup's third qualifiers
- New Zealand Ambassador highlights relationship with Vietnam
- HCM City to kick off largest-ever COVID-19 vaccination campaign on the weekend