More foreigners are working in Vietnam than ever
Over 100,000 foreign nationals currently working in Vietnam.
The foreign workers come from over 110 countries and territories globally.
Visit Vietnam Insider ‘s homepage for more stories.
The country is presently home to 101,550 skilled foreign workers, according to the latest statistics compiled by the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA).
The foreign workers come from over 110 countries and territories globally, with most hailing from China, the Republic of Korea, Japan, and Taiwan.
They typically work as managers, accounting for 12% of the total, managing directors, making up 8%, and experts, accounting for 58%, along with various other professions.
The majority work in major localities, such as Ho Chi Minh City (over 27,000), Long An (more than 5,600), Bac Giang (over 4,600) and Hanoi (more than 4,400).
It is anticipated that an increasing number of foreign citizens will be keen to return to work in Vietnam following the country’s successfully control of a number of coronavirus outbreaks.
The impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic has led to continued labour shortages, especially in positions such as managers and experts, for many local businesses. Indeed, this factor is expected to badly affect the working progress and schedule of a number of key domestic projects.
- How giants global Amazon and Alibaba boost their business in Vietnam
- AXA AFFIN offers COVID-19 Complimentary Support Fund to assist its customers and to spur vaccination
- Bac Giang 87 new cases, HCMC 45 as Covid-19 pandemic rages on
- Librestream Brings its Onsight Augmented Reality Solution to Japan and Establishes Localized Sales and Support Operations
- Vietnam has vaccinated more than 1.77 million of its 96-million population
How giants global Amazon and Alibaba boost their business in Vietnam
How Ho Chi Minh City support small traders during the Covid-19 pandemic
Many enterprise in the leather and footwear have a impressive growth during this time
Boosting domestic investment to bolster economic growth: experts
How to Acquire a Company in Vietnam as Foreigner