Discarded parts of fruit can make delicious dishes
HCM CITY — Parts of some fruits like pomelo skin, jackfruit rags or jackfruit seeds are not only edible but also very delicious.
The soft, white cotton-like underbelly of the pomelo skin is used to make a Pomelo sweet soup, a dessert favored by many all over Viet Nam. The skin is cooked with sugar and then with cooked green beans and coconut milk.
Same as pomelo skin, jackfruit rags can be cooked as a dessert or a main course dish. The whitish strands can be collected, salted and placed in compressed jars to make a pickle that goes well with rice.
Nearly every part of a jackfruit is edible including jackfruit seeds. The jackfruit seeds are steamed for an hour. The is similar to peanuts but more delicious. — VNS
- Vietnam’s internet speed is back to normal as undersea cable fixed
- Vietnamese PM Commits Optimal Conditions For Newly Appointed Russian Ambassador
- Vietnam Coordinates ASEAN Meetings with Partners at 54th Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Coronavirus updates: Vietnam records 4,267 local cases Wednesday morning
- Daily Horoscope August 5 Prediction for Zodiac Signs with Love Money Career and Health