Lives of Cống ethnic people in Điện Biên Province
ĐIỆN BIÊN — Lả Cha Village in the northern mountainous province of Đien Bien’s Nậm Pồ District is home to a Cống ethnic community, one of the five ethnic minority communities in the province with 79 households and nearly 400 inhabitants.
The living conditions of the Cống people in the village have improved in the past few years due to support from the Government and local authorities.
Investment projects on infrastructure construction, agricultural production, and cultural preservation in the district have helped change the lives of local people.
The village is now connected with the electricity network, while roads, schools, and bridges have been built, creating convenient conditions for people to develop all aspects of life.
In the past, Cống people had very difficult lives as they depended a lot on self-sufficiency and migration.
They earned their living just by manual cultivation on slash-and-burn fields, so crop productivity was very low. —
- Hai Duong raises total domestic cases to 1,585, with one more reported
- Vietnamese director becomes judge at Pune International Film Festival
- Campaign For Women s Smiles kicked off in Vietnam
- Hanoi stops social distancing requirement on public transport from March 8
- 35 foreigners suspected of illegally entering Ho Chi Minh City