Visit one of the oldest churches in South Việt Nam
HCM CITY – Located at the centre of HCM City’s District 5, Chợ Quan Church is the oldest church in the city.
It was first built in 1720 with one small building and a prayer area inside. It has suffered frequent destruction and gone through several reconstructions.
In 1882 Father Nicolas Hamm decided to rebuild it in its current form.
The bell tower has three floors. There are five bells in the second floor that are rung from the first floor. The bells were made in France and sent to Viet Nam. The third floor is empty.
The interior includes a typical layout of pews for the faithful on either side of an aisle and an ornate altar with an idol of Jesus on the wall.
The chapel can accommodate 1,500 people. – VNS
- Royal sisters movie gets release date after pandemic delay
- India daily weather forecast latest March 4 Snow rain to occur over Jammu Kashmir while scattered rain thunderstorms to cover Arunachal Pradesh
- COVID-19 tracing app Bluezone sees over 30 million downloads
- The secret life of Hanoi’s pet rescuers
- The Gala Concert “Hope” at Hanoi Opera House
Spackman Entertainment Group’s Upcoming Musical Film THE BOX, Starring EXO’s Chanyeol, Scheduled To Be Released In The Spring Of 2021
A New Vision: ‘Elevating the Everyday’ with Nina Hospitality
The Economist Group and The Nippon Foundation launch a new initiative to promote ocean health
New shorter-term and micro-insurance products enter Singapore to combat increased risk aversion: Aon Global Market Insights Report
Cordlife launches OptiQ: A first-of-its-kind corneal lenticule banking service in Singapore