The bún thang or the elegance of the Hanoians
Bamboo vermicelli and shoot soup
| For more ordinary occasions, they are accompanied by either bún (rice vermicelli), or miên (canna vermicelli). More than a festive dish, this soup kitchen is often served for breakfast.|
There are two types of bamboo shoots that cooks can use: fresh or dried. Fresh sprouts can be cleaned and cooked immediately, while dried ones should be immersed in cold water for a few days to rehydrate them before preparing them.
We present to you the recipe for bamboo shoot soup, rice vermicelli and pork dumplings. A perfect dish that will make your taste buds dance with every meal.
- 400 g of fresh bamboo shoots
- 300 g of cut pork ribs
- 2 cut pork trotters
- 2 liters of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of nuoc mam (fish brine)
- Salt, sodium glutamate, pepper, spring onion, garlic.
* Pork meatballs
- 400 g of minced pork
- 4 ears of Judas
- 8 mushrooms shiitake
- Salt, pepper, spring onion.
- 2 tablespoons of nuoc mam
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 chili
- 400 g of rice vermicelli
- Clean the ribs and pig's trotters, boil them for 5 minutes and then clean them again. Add a tablespoon of nuoc mam then sauté in a large saucepan. Add two liters of water and simmer over medium heat.
- Cut the bamboo shoots into thin strips and marinate them in salt. In a skillet, brown the garlic and brown the bamboo shoots before adding them to the pork bone broth. Boil over low heat for about 2 hours. Then turn off the heat, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of sodium glutamate and stir everything.
* Pork meatballs
- Soak the ears of Judas and the shiitake mushrooms in cold water to rehydrate them. Drain and chop them, then mix them with the minced pork. Add salt, pepper, chopped chives and mix everything. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Shape them into small balls and then boil them in a saucepan for 15 minutes or until they float on the surface of the water.
- In a bowl, dissolve the sugar in the water, the fish brine and the lemon juice or white vinegar. Then add the chopped garlic and chili.
- Place the rice vermicelli, bamboo shoots, ribs, pork feet and meatballs prepared in a large bowl. Sprinkle with finely chopped chives and pour in the broth. Serve the soup with salad.
And above all, enjoy! Enjoy your meal !
Directed by Thu Hà /CVN