Bánh mì with grilled pork
There are many sidewalk restaurants and eateries that serve the famous banh mi In Vietnam. We can say without question that this Vietnamese baguette goes well with both sweet and savory dishes. This is why, today, tourists can enjoy banh mi with pâté, chicken, pork, ham, beef or even vegetables
Among the possible choices, the sandwich with grilled pork is a modern version of it, which appeared about ten years ago. Charcoal-grilled pork, sides, chili, and cilantro combine wonderfully to engage all five senses.
* Bread dough
500 g of wheat flour
250 g of lukewarm water
7 g baker's yeast
1 pinch of salt
20 g of white yogurt
20 g of vegetable oil
400 g cut pork belly
in small slices
5 lemongrass stems
1 clove of garlic
1/2 green papaya
1 onion, cut
100 g of minced pork
100 ml chicken broth
* Other ingredients
Nuoc mam (fish brine)
White vinegar, sugar, sunflower oil, coriander
- Sift the flour into the bowl of the electric mixer, add the salt, water and sugar,
yogurt, baker's yeast then knead for about 15 minutes until you obtain a smooth and supple dough.
- Put the dough in a lightly buttered container. Cover with a damp cloth and let swell for 40 minutes, until the dough doubles in size.
- After 40 minutes, shape the dough into small baguettes. Let sit on the greased pan for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180o C for 20 minutes. Once cooking is complete, let cool.
* Grilled pork
Finely chop the shallot and lemongrass. Marinate the meat with salt, pepper, nuoc mam, minced shallot, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of oil, lemongrass, and garlic.
- Leave to stand for one or two hours.
- Thread the pieces of meat on the bamboo skewers and cook them over charcoal or in a pan with very little oil.
Remove the seeds from the green papaya. Clean the carrot, green papaya and cucumber. Grate them into julienne strips.
Mix with the sugar, salt, white vinegar. Stir the ingredients then let marinate for an hour.
- In a pan, sauté the chopped onion and minced meat in the oil. Add 100 ml of chicken broth, then simmer over low heat for 20 minutes until a smooth sauce forms.
- Cut the bread, place the grilled meat and the side dish in their center, then sprinkle with the sauce, add the chilli and cilantro. To be enjoyed for breakfast!
Directed by Thu Hà /CVN