JICA provides COVID-19 treatment equipment for Cho Ray Hospital
HCM City (VNA) – The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) on July 29 said it has delivered the first batch of medical equipment for COVID-19 treatment to Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.
ThIS is part of a project worth nearly 60 million JPY (equivalent to 12 billion VND) in support of the city’s hospital to treat COVID-19 patients. The JICA-sponsored project was announced in June 2020.
Director of the hospital Nguyen Tri Thuc thanked JICA for its timely and effective support, adding new community transmissions have been recorded in the central city of Da Nang in recent days.
The hospital has sent some health workers to support the city.
JICA said it will continue consulting with the Japanese government to assist Vietnam in preventing communicable diseases, including COVID-19.
In 2016, JICA and Cho Ray Hospital jointly implemented a technical cooperation project to improve the quality of medical examination and treatment./.VNA
- Japanese police starts illegal gambling awareness campaign especially for Vietnamese people
- Vietnam to raise tax on cars with high emissions
- HCMC sees economic recovery in first three months
- Next Meats, Purveyor of the World's First Plant-based Yakiniku Meats, Is Now in Singapore
- Like the Moon in a Night Sky 2021 film project showcases shorts, animations, and documentaries