HCM City hospital successfully performs heart transplant
HCM City (VNA) – Doctors at HCM City’s Cho Ray Hospital have successfully performed a heart transplant on a 47-year-old man with heart taken from a brain-dead woman donor from Hanoi.
The recipient, who had suffered heart failure many years, received the heart last month, according to the hospital.
Doctors said his heart, liver, kidney and respiratory functions are stable.
The hospital’s doctors have successfully performed five heart transplants with the brain-dead donors in the last five years. They were assisted by doctors from Viet Duc Hospital in the first four, but in the latest case they carried out the procedure independently./. VNA
- Ha Tinh to have VND950-billion beltway project
- Warmth, Care, Christmas -- Jackery Announces Xmas Giveaway
- Senmiao Technology Signs Strategic Cooperation Agreement with New Energy Infrastructure Provider to Further Expand into New Energy Vehicle Charging Industry
- Rule revisions proposed to manage night markets
- TAQA, ADNOC, and Mubadala Complete Landmark Transaction for Stake in Masdar Clean Energy Powerhouse