Batdongsan.com.vn’s real estate market report showed in the previous quarter, apartments with areas ranging from 85-90 sqm had an average asking price of VND37 million ($1,600) per sqm, up 11.8 percent year-on-year.
Meanwhile, apartments with the same size had an average listed rental price of VND14.2 million ($614) per unit per month, up 5.4 percent over the same period of last year.
The fact that the asking price of apartments rose faster than the rents will reduce the attractiveness of buy-to-rent apartment investment.
Data of Batdongsan.com.vn showed the number of listings for houses and rooms for rent rose by 38 percent while those for apartments for rent increased by nearly 40 percent.
Batdongsan.com.vn’s report said one-bedroom apartments offer higher rental yields than larger ones. In particular, affordable small-sized apartments offer a 6.2 percent yield while three-bedroom units in this segment only create a return of 5.5 percent.
Data of the HCMC’s Department of Statistics shows as of the end of 2018, the city’s base population reached 8.85 million people.
- COVID-19 returns to Wuhan, where it first emerged in China
- Cyberport, Ericsson, SmarTone and Unissoft Join Hands to Develop New 5G Applications, Form Hong Kong's First 5G Edge Computing Deployment Scenario Used at Cyberport and Unleash the Power of 5G Technology
- Vallen Poised for Business Expansion and Captures New Revenue Stream in the Cloud with Infor
- Establishment of grassroots technology teams proposed to fight against pandemic
- Indian pharmaceutical firms to provide Vietnam with 1 million Covid-19 antiviral doses