MGC Pharmaceuticals Successfully Developed Herbal-inspired Products for Treatment of Long COVID and COVID-19
LONDON, Sept. 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- MGC Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (LSE: MXC), (ASX: MXC), (OTC: MGCLF), is a European based bio-pharma company, focused on developing and supplying affordable (Accessible) and Ethically Produced Plant Inspired Medicines, is helping to solve the mystery of treating Long COVID patients with a new herbal inspired medicine.
According to a recent study by Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance (www.gavi.org), up to 1 in 3 people who caught the virus suffer for months following COVID-19. Researchers around the world still do not know what exactly causes the Post-Acute COVID Syndrome (Long COVID) symptoms. While the number of new COVID-19 and variant cases is on the decline, there are tens of millions of people around the world suffering from Long COVID symptoms over extended periods of time.
MGC Pharmaceuticals, along with Swiss Pharmacan, have developed two clinically tested herbal-based products that ameliorate the more troublesome symptoms of Long COVID and COVID-19.
The first product is ArtemiC Support®, used in treating Long COVID. The product is already on the market and is being sold around the world. Recent study results demonstrated the statistically significant efficacy of ArtemiC Support® in reducing the severity of a range of Long COVID symptoms, including Dyspnea, Cough, Asthenia, Headache and Mental Confusion.
The second herbal-inspired product, CimetrA™, is in clinical trials with notable results in treating COVID-19 patients. MGC plans to complete a full safety and Pharmacokinetic profile as part of the drug registration process, so that the product can go to market.
Roby Zomer, Managing Director and CEO of MGC Pharma, notes "The large pharma companies are spending billions of dollars in developing new treatments. Our talented research teams, located in several countries, have proven that new and creative products can be quickly developed using a fraction of the large pharmas' budgets. Moreover," Zomer adds, "we chose the herbal medicine route to contribute to the reduction of use of synthetic drugs."
- The interim results from the 16 patients using CimetrA™ demonstrated no significant COVID-19 related complications, compared to 62.5% of the placebo group.
- Improvement was also observed in trial participants with COVID-19 taking CimetrA™ in a
number of parameters measuring the clinical condition of the participants, mainly in
respiratory rate and oxygen saturation, the most important symptoms of COVID-19.
- The study, as announced in November 2021, will be used to determine the most effective
concentrations of the active ingredients for dosage, as well as further validating the anti-
inflammatory and immune-modulatory effects of CimetrA™.
- The ongoing study which is scheduled to enrol 240 patients is currently underway at the
Rambam Medical Centre in Israel, with the Company planning to open additional sites globally.
- Completion of the dosage study is the next phase in moving CimetrA™ towards marketing
authorisation as a registered medicine.
- CimetrA™ to undergo a full safety and pharmacokinetic profile to support the administration
route as a part of the registration process.
Source: MGC Pharmaceuticals Ltd Related Stocks: Australia:MXC LSE:MXC OTC:MGCLF
- The worth of Honda Imaginative and prescient automobile is barely 28 million VND, decrease than the proposed value
- Fosun Pharma and MAIA Pharmaceuticals Jointly Announce the Successful Commercialization of Only FDA Approved 20ml Sodium Phenylacetate and Sodium Benzoate (SPSB) Liquid Product
- Mastercard expands decades-long football legacy through GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title with Luis Figo
- Infinix and Royal Observatory Greenwich Renew Corporate Partnership Ahead of ZERO ULTRA Launch
- FF Top, A Major Stockholder of Faraday Future, Reached an Agreement Regarding Governance Restructuring with Faraday Future and Facilitated up to $100 Million New Financing
Vietnam's cooperative economy needs changes
Coinbase Introduces New Utility Token cbETH Earlier than The Merge
Investors cautious about disbursing investments amid higher rates: experts
Lengthy visa process a setback for FDI firms
What’s Solstarter($SSS) | The whole lot you have to find out about it.