POSCO Holdings cooperates with Prologium to lead solid-state battery market
- Co-developing anode materials, silicon cathode materials, and solid electrolytes for solid-state batteries and establishing a global supply system
- Strengthening the competitiveness of next-generation secondary battery materials and expanding business portfolio through cooperation with Prologium
SEOUL, South Korea, May 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- POSCO Holdings has decided to cooperate with Prologium solid-state battery manufacture, to develop core materials for next-generation secondary batteries.
POSCO HOLDINGS CI
POSCO Holdings signed an agreement on the 12th to invest in Prologium and to co-develop cathode materials, silicon cathode materials, solid electrolytes for solid-state batteries, and establish a global supply system.
Founded in 2006, Prologium developed solid-state batteries in 2012 and is selling them to manufacturers of small IT devices such as smartwatches. The company is also attracting investment from global investment companies and co-developing solid-state batteries for electric vehicles with major automakers such as Mercedes-Benz Group AG.
Whereas in conventional secondary batteries, electricity is generated and charged through liquid electrolytes between the anode and cathode electrodes of the battery, a "solid-state battery" is a next-generation battery that replaces the liquid electrolytes between the battery's anode and cathode with a solid and eliminates a separator, which can secure safety and increase energy density.
POSCO Holdings is securing its capabilities to develop materials such as high-capacity anode materials and silicon anode materials that can be applied to solid-state batteries and has strengthened its capabilities to develop next-generation secondary battery materials by establishing POSCO JK SOLID SOLUTION at the beginning of this year.
Source: POSCO Holdings Related Stocks: Korea:005490 NYSE:PKX
- Netflix unveils winners of 'My Vietnam' short film competition
- Portrait of feminine lawyer Truong Thi Hoa, who is predicted to face as much as defend Ms. Nguyen Phuong Grasp
- Stena RoRo delivers extended E-Flexer RoPax to Stena Line
- Electrolux launches a Sustainability Squad to advocate for more sustainable living
- Shinhan Life Vietnam and Shinhan Bank Vietnam sign insurance business partnership
Portrait of feminine lawyer Truong Thi Hoa, who is predicted to face as much as defend Ms. Nguyen Phuong Grasp
Shinhan Life Vietnam and Shinhan Bank Vietnam sign insurance business partnership
Ha Giang Province facilitates rural industrial production
Projects on smart factory development launched in Vinh Phuc
Terra Now Has A Plan to Get well UST Peg! Will It Work?