Cyberport FinTech InnoCon 2021 takes place online on 1 November Showcases financial industry and start-up co-creation and deciphers digital transformation needs
HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 22 October 2021 - Cyberport FinTech InnoCon 2021 (the Conference) - a spotlight event of the Cyberport Venture Capital Forum (CVCF) - will be staged online on 1 November (Monday). It will meanwhile kick off the sixth Hong Kong FinTech Week. Themed "Innovation in FinTech Proof-of-Concept for the Hong Kong Financial Services Industry", the full-day online conference will bring together an impressive line-up of more than 30 heavyweight speakers from professional bodies, renowned financial institutions, regulators and Cyberport start-ups. Together they will decipher the latest trends and opportunities in technology applications that have arisen in all areas of financial services – from RegTech, InsurTech and environmental, social and governance (ESG) to cross-border finance in the Greater Bay Area – and many innovative cases will be shared. Christopher Hui, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, will deliver the Conference's opening remarks.
Exploring post-"PoC" Scheme trends in financial innovation
As the largest FinTech community in Hong Kong, Cyberport is wholly dedicated to supporting start-ups' growth and facilitating the financial industry's digital transformation. Earlier this year, Cyberport was commissioned by the Financial Services and the Treasury to launch the Fintech Proof-of-Concept Subsidy Scheme ("PoC" Scheme) in order to boost industry innovation. Over 90 partnerships between financial institutions and FinTech companies were formed.
Eric Chan, Chief Public Mission Officer of Cyberport, says, "The 'PoC' Scheme has sparked good chemistry between participating financial institutions and FinTech companies, including start-ups. Not only did many of the PoC proposals come up with unique ideas, they also accommodated needs emerging from financial institutions' operations and market expansion. At Cyberport FinTech InnoCon 2021, these successful cases will be shared with the industry and will undoubtedly inspire further financial innovations. As a spotlight event of the Cyberport Venture Capital Forum, we also hope that the Conference will promote cooperation between financial institutions and start-ups and encourage financial institutions to support start-ups' long-term development in the form of corporate venture."
Seven panels covering a broad range of financial services
The Conference comprises seven panel discussion sessions which will explore inspiration and reflections resulting from the "PoC" Scheme; opportunities in the Greater Bay Area; use of alternative data in SME financing; value creation through environmental, social and governance (ESG); the development of RegTech in Asia; untapped opportunities in InsurTech; and the role of family offices in driving the development of WealthTech and digital assets.
These discussions will be moderated by InvestHK, as well as representatives of professional organisations including the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers, Hong Kong Federation of Insurers and Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute, who will explore the needs of a variety of financial industry sectors from a practitioner's point of view. Representatives of renowned financial institutions include John Wong, Head of Global Liquidity and Cash Management, Hang Seng Bank; LK Lau, Deputy General Manager for Hong Kong Branch, Deputy General Manager for FinTech Center and Chief Pace Officer, China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited; Johnny Chung, General Manager, Head of Product Innovation Management Division, China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation. Together with a number of Cyberport start-ups, they will share practical experiences from their "co-creation" and explore the new trends and opportunities the PoC Scheme brings to the financial industry.
Interested parties from the financial industry, FinTech sector and business sector as well as SMEs and investors please visit https://cvcf.cyberport.hk/en/fintech for more information and to register for free.
Main forum of CVCF to discuss post-pandemic venture capital trends
Cyberport FinTech InnoCon is one of the spotlight events of Cyberport's premier annual venture forum, Cyberport Venture Capital Forum. The CVCF aims to examine the development of and opportunities within individual industries and to promote diversified growth in innovative technology industries. With the theme of "Venturing for Success: Resilience, Growth & Opportunity", the CVCF will be held from 2 to 3 November, bringing together more than 70 industry leaders, top-notch investors, enterprises and technopreneurs to discuss and share insights on post-Covid-era trends in global venture capital and the I&T sector, investor strategies, emerging venture capital, opportunities and prospects in the Greater Bay Area and more, as well as facilitating deal flow and providing extensive opportunities for start-ups to explore fundraising opportunities.
For high-resolution photos, please download via this link
Cyberport FinTech InnoCon 2021, a spotlight event of the Cyberport Venture Capital Forum, will be staged online on 1 November. The Conference will bring together an impressive line-up of more than 30 heavyweight speakers from professional bodies, renowned financial institutions, regulators and Cyberport start-ups to share insights on the latest trends and opportunities in technology applications that have arisen in all areas of financial services.
Eric Chan, Chief Public Mission Officer of Cyberport, says, "As a spotlight event of the Cyberport Venture Capital Forum, we hope that the FinTech InnoCon will promote cooperation between financial institutions and start-ups and encourage financial institutions to support start-ups' long-term development in the form of corporate venture."
Cyberport FinTech InnoCon 2021 Program Framework (1 November)
10:00 – 10:15
Speaker: Dr George Lam, BBS, Chairman, Cyberport
Speaker: Mr Christopher Hui Ching Yu, JP, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
10:15 – 11:00
Session 1: The Future of HK FinTech Development – After FinTech Proof-of-Concept Subsidy Scheme
Eric Chan, Chief Public Mission Officer, Cyberport
- Tony Chan, Associate Director, Policy and Development Division, Insurance Authority
- Nelson Chow, Chief Fintech Officer, Fintech Facilitation Office, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- John Wan, General Manager (eMPF Project), Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority
- Elizabeth Wong, Director of Licensing and Head of Fintech unit, Intermediaries, Securities and Futures Commission
11:00 – 11:45
Session 2: Go Big into Greater Bay Area (GBA)
King Leung, Head of Fintech, InvestHK
- LK Lau, Deputy General Manager for Hong Kong Branch; Deputy General Manager for FinTech Center; Chief Pace Officer, China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited
- Desmond Leung, Vice President and General Manager, Global Merchant and Network Services, Greater China, American Express International, Inc.
- Kim Mak, Co-Founder and CEO, Key Points Exchange
- William Yeung, FSA, Co-Founder & CEO, MediConCen Limited
12:00 – 12:45
Session 3: Alternative Data for SME Financing
Moderator: Philip Kam, General Manager, Institute Development, The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
- Johnny Chung (HKICPA, ACCA), General Manager, Head of Product Innovation Management Division, China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation
- Jessica Liu, Founding Member, Planto
- Ivan Ng, Founder and CEO, FindDoc
- John Wong, Head of Global Liquidity and Cash Management, Hang Seng Bank
14:00 – 14:45
Session 4: ESG – What can FinTech help?
Rico Tang, Senior Manager, FinTech Team Lead, Cyberport
- Mr Gabriel Kung, Chief Commercial Officer, Bowtie Life Insurance Company Limited
- Mr Trevor Laight, CEO, FrancXav Asia Ratings Limited
- Siu Ming Yiu, Associate Head (Teaching and Learning), The University of Hong Kong
14:45 – 15:30
Session 5: RegTech in HK – Our Strength And Future
Ruth Kung, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
- Wallace Chow, Fraud and compliance director, FCC Analytics Limited
- William Lam, Chief Executive Officer, FundingReach Group
- Millie Pau, Alternate Chief Executive & Chief Compliance Officer, WeLab Bank
- Merng Phang Lim, Chief Compliance Officer (Counsel), The Hong Kong Mortgage Corporation Limited
15:30 – 16:15
Session 6: Unleash Your Imagination in InsurTech
Selina Lau, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Federation of Insurers (HKFI)
- Adrian Chan, CEO, Leapstack Hong Kong Limited
- Ken Cheung, Deputy Head of South Asia, SCOR Reinsurance Company (Asia) Ltd
- Tomas Holub, CEO and Founder, CoverGo
16:15 – 17:00
Session 7: Family Offices Eyeing WealthTech and Digital Assets
Chiman Kwan, Chairman, Family Office Association Hong Kong
- Joseph Chang, Co-Founder and CEO, LORA Technologies
- Jim Kwok, CEO, Topaz Family Office Limited
- Alessio Quaglini, CEO & Co-Founder, Hex Trust
End of Event
Cyberport is an innovative digital community with around 800 on-site start-ups and technology companies. It is management by Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited, which is wholly owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. With a vision to be the hub for digital technology thereby creating a new economic driver for Hong Kong, Cyberport is committed to nurturing a vibrant tech ecosystem by cultivating talent, promoting entrepreneurship among youth, supporting start-ups on their growth journey, fostering industry development by promoting strategic collaboration with local and international partners, and integrating new and traditional economies by accelerating digital transformation in the public and private sectors.
For more information, please visit
- Philippines launches massive COVID-19 vaccination
- Artnet and the China Association of Auctioneers Publish the Global Chinese Art Auction Market Report 2020
- Why You Should Embed Instagram Widget on Website
- Tian Lun Gas appointed Ms. Qin Ling as an Executive Director and the General Manager
- President meets with WIPO Director General in Geneva