Alternative lending is winning over customers in Asia
The lending from traditional banks is being replaced by the non-bank options with the fastest growing rates in the Philippines and Singapore. The total opposites are Malaysia and India, where the banking sector is currently experiencing more rapid growth, Robocash Group revealed.
According to Robocash Group, the Philippines and Singapore feature the fastest growing alternative lending sector. The Philippine bank loans being systematically replaced by the non-bank options. The portfolio of the Philippine non-bank loans in the local currency has increased by 52.3% (+11.1% average YoY). vs. the 42.3% growth of bank loans (+7.3% average YoY). Each year, alternative lending in this region grows on average 4% faster than traditional bank credit.
Robocash Group’s analysts note that the total opposites of the Philippines and Singapore are Malaysia and India: the bank sector in these regions is currently growing faster. Among other contributing factors, this is due to the relative wealth of Malaysians who gravitate towards traditional banking services, as well as national digital initiatives in India within the state banking system.
You Might Be Interested In
- Funding Societies expand into Vietnam’s provinces
- Why online lending plays an important role for Vietnamese borrowers?
- Vietnamese banks’ total lending rose 4.81% as of September 16
- One in two in Vietnam to make regular e-payments by 2022
Vietnam and Indonesia demonstrate low penetration for both the bank and non-bank loans. Still, the average yearly growth of the bank credit market in Vietnam is 3% faster than non-bank lending, with a similar trend in Indonesia – 1% average YoY growth advantage. This may indicate some level of consumer trust towards the banking sector.
The remaining Sri Lanka features a considerable degree of competitiveness. Consumer demand for both credit sectors is growing at a comparable pace, although banking still has a slight advantage.
- This Saigon food stall sells savory sticky rice for just one dollar
- Go beyond limits as Armaggeddon launches its new Showroom and Experience Center for the complete sensory experience
- Zoomlion Carries Forward Its International Market Development with Localization Strategy and Diversified Logistics
- China Online Education Group Announces First Quarter 2022 Results
- Sungrow Ranks No. 1 in 2021 Global PV Inverter Shipment, Estimated by IHS Markit now a part of S&P Global
La Hien company cements its contribution to market stability
Vietnam, France step up trade, investment cooperation
VCCI proposes to scrap excise tax on petrol
Vietlott Energy 6/55 lottery on June 1: Who’s the proprietor of the large Jackpot of 120 billion VND?
Gold worth at midday on June 24: Reversing the decline