VN-Index continuously sets new peaks, reaching 1400 points today
The stock market in the first session of the week on June 28 rebounded strongly, the VN-Index officially surpassed the “dream” mark of 1,400 points to the surprise of many investors.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
Leading the gaining momentum and being the main force pulling the market was banking codes. This morning, out of 26 stocks traded on 3 exchanges HSX, HNX and UPCoM, only 3 stocks declined (PGBank’s PGB, Vietcombank’s VCB and VPBank’s VPB), 3 stood at reference prices (SGB of Saigonbank, SSB of SeABank and VietBank’s VBB) both increased.
Leading the increase was TPBank’s stock TPB with an increase of 4.5% to 37,500 VND/share. Techcombank’s TCB, Maritime Bank’s MSB and Saigon-Hanoi Bank’s SHB at times also increased by more than 4% – by the end of the morning, they still maintained their upward momentum among the top of the banking group, in which TCB increased. 3.9%; MSB rose 4.1%.
A series of other banking stocks such as OCB of Oriental Bank, MBB of Military Bank, BID of BIDV, STB of Sacombank or ABB of ABBank increased by more than 3%.
With strong momentum, many banking stocks today set new price records since listing (adjusted price is taken into account) such as HDBank’s HDB at 35,950 VND/share, CTG at 54,500 VND/share, ACB at 36,650 dong or MBB at 43,300 dong/share.
- Vietnam News Today July 28 Food Stamps Allocate Market Time to Hanoi Residents
- Indian gov't may vaccinate children by next month: health minister
- Parliament eyes average growth of 6.5 - 7 percent for five years
- Fencing-Estonia win women's épée team to deliver nation's first Olympic gold medal in 13 years
- Delivery fees sharply increase in HCM City