Can VN-Index reach 1400 points?
Vietnam’s benchmark VN-Index is set to reach 1,400 points soon after recovering from a correction in early June, analysts said.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s Homepage.
Having risen nearly 2 percent last week to a new peak of 1,377 points, its next psychological threshold is at around the 1,400 mark, and reaching it requires the same high volumes, analysts at KB Securities said.
Average trading in the first three weeks of June was 15 percent up from the May average to VND25.87 trillion ($1.12 billion).
MB Securities said the market has made a successful recovery after the June correction with bank, securities and steel stocks driving it to new heights.
The next target would be 1,420-1,450, it added.
BIDV Securities expected the VN-Index to hover at around 1,350-1,390 points this week, saying the Covid-19 situation would have an impact.
But Vietcombank Securities said there would be a slight fall this week to test the new support level.
- Michel Abboud Unveils New Piece: Totem XL Public Art
- Health Equity Report Card Pilot Project to Help Close the Care Gap Highlighted on World Cancer Day
- Northwest Arkansas' First Robotic Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Vietnam sets 2023 export target of US$394 billion
- Huawei Vietnam presents educational equipment to remote areas