The northern and central regions will expect rains at night from June 27, according to the National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting.
Due to the low pressure and the hot southerly wind, the temperatures in the northern and central regions on June 26 were at 35-37 degrees, at some places, the temperatures can reach 39 degrees and the humidity was around 30-50%.
Both northern and central regions will have 10-18 hours of 35 degrees and over. The heatwave is forecasted to last until July.
The National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting raised warnings about wildfires and fires at urban areas due to high demands for electricity. Moreover, prolonged hot weather can also cause health issues, especially those with heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. The UV index in Hanoi and Danang was high at 7 and 9 on June 26 and harmful to the travellers.
Heavy rains are forecasted in the mountainous areas including Sin Ho in Lai Chau, and Bac Me in Ha Giang. The northern deltas including Hanoi will also have rains on June 27 with the estimated rainfall of 20-80mm. There may be rainstorm or hail.
- Giant coral block a secretive Con Dao treasure
- Fugitive former deputy minister wanted for state assets mismanagement
- CIEM forecasts GDP 2020 will grow by 2.1-2.6%
- Da Nang: Proposes more than VND 13,600 billion to invest in 7 health projects
- Gemadept dissolved the international port of Gemadept Nhon Hoi