MEKONG DELTA — Vietnam Airlines has launched four new air routes from the Mekong Delta city of Cần Thơ to Hải Phòng, Vinh, Buon Ma Thuot, and Đa Lạt.
At a seminar held on June 22 to discuss how to promote domestic tourism, Dương Tấn Hiển, deputy chairman of the Cần Thơ People’s Committee, said the new routes are aimed at reviving tourism, which was hit by the COVID–19 pandemic.
They would also help attract investors to Cần Thơ and other places in the delta, he said.
Le Hồng Ha, deputy director of Vietnam Airlines, said the new routes are expected to raise the profile of Cần Thơ Airport and help develop the economy, especially the tourism industry, of all five cities.
Vietnam Airlines already flies from Cần Thơ to Ha Noi, Đa Nẵng and Con Đảo.
According to Cần Thơ authorities, the new routes offers travellers the opportunity to visit famous tourist sites including the Cai Răng Floating Market, Tram Chim National Park and flower villages.
They would also contribute to the growth of the tourism industries in the other four localities and the country’s tourism sector generally, they added. — VNS.
- ASEAN Summits and related meetings wrap up
- Cushman & Wakefield Wins the Valuation Team of the Year Award Among Three Accolades at RICS Hong Kong Awards 2021
- Joint Forces for a Stronger Network for Recycling: Hong Chi Association and Nestlé Hong Kong Collaborated to Expand Their "Type 5 PP Plastic Recycling Campaign"
- Vietnam will carry out COVID-19 vaccinations for children aged 5-11 in
- Vietnam makes efforts to contribute to ASEAN-Russia partnership: PM
NANO 2 MEET YOU! VOOPOO DRAG NANO 2 is launched with a bang!
‘Brewing A Better Vietnam’ With Holly Bostock, Corporate Affairs Director At HEINEKEN Vietnam — VNI Ep9 Recap
Everything you need to know about working in Vietnam as an expat
Why Heineken sees a steeper than expected decline in third-quarter beer sales in Vietnam
Vietnam remains attractive investment destination: Report