Cargo through seaports nearly doubles in 7 years
The Lach Huyen International Seaport in the northern city of Hai Phong. — VNA/VNS Photo Duc Nghia
In the period, the average growth rate of container goods handled alone was 11.9 per cent.
In 2015, the volume of container cargo via ports reached about 126.3 million tonnes (11.5 million TEUs). In 2022, this figure hit more than 243 million tonnes, an increase of nearly 5 per cent compared to the same period in 2021 and more than two times higher than seven years ago.
In the first quarter of this year, Viet Nam’s seaport throughput exceeded 165 million tonnes, including close to 53 million tonnes of container cargo.
In the master plan for Viet Nam's seaport system development for 2021-30, with a vision to 2050, the VMA forecasts about 1,422.5 million tonnes of goods through local seaports by 2030, including 559 million tonnes of container cargo.
- Thua Thien - Hue grants licenses to 9 projects
- Layoffs could last until year-end: experts
- ASEAN Business Awards 2023 Registration Now Open: Showcasing Economic Progress in ASEAN
- Harbour BioMed Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase I Study of First-in-Class Anti-B7H7 (HHLA2) Antibody HBM1020
- UL Solutions Joins Forces with SIRIM Berhad to Expand Fire Door Testing