North-central Vietnamese province exports organic rice to Europe for first time
They do not use plant protection drugs, chemical fertilizers, genetically modified varieties, flavoring agents, preservatives, and chemical bleach.
According to the Quang Tri People’s Committee, its organic rice meets 821 quality criteria set by Vietnamese agencies before being accepted by the European market.
In addition, Japan’s Hiroshima University announced that the rice has two valuable compounds—Momilactone A and Momilactone B, which help prevent diabetes, gout, and obesity.
Ha Sy Dong, standing vice-chairman of the provincial People’s Committee, said the province’s export of organic rice to Europe is a new landmark for its agriculture.
“Farmers growing organic rice in the province will benefit as they can improve their living conditions and incomes,” Dong added.
- Vingroup becomes ‘Best Sustainable Finance Issuer’
- VF Developments Completes Renovations and Begins Lease-Up on 2000s Built Modern Style Multifamily Community in the Chinatown area of Los Angeles, California
- Great Place To Work unveils Best Workplaces in the Inaugural Singapore Healthcare and Biopharma List 2023
- Cloud Music Inc. Amplifies C-Pop Content with Extended Rock Records Partnership
- Global minimum tax rate to impact FDI firms in Vietnam
Vingroup becomes ‘Best Sustainable Finance Issuer’
VF Developments Completes Renovations and Begins Lease-Up on 2000s Built Modern Style Multifamily Community in the Chinatown area of Los Angeles, California
Green offices remain key theme in HCM City commercial real estate
Patience favoured before action on USD deposit interest rates
Hurdles still to climb for stock market gain