Viet Nam seeks foreign investment in medical devices production
The market is now worth US$1.5 billion, up from US$1.1 billion in 2017, Hua Phu Doan, deputy chairman of the association, said.
Domestic medical devices manufacturers make mostly basic stuff and meet only 10 per cent of demand while the remaining 90 per cent is imported, he told a meeting held recently in HCM City.
The number of foreign manufacturers in Viet Nam remains modest due to the lack of development of supporting industries and the absence of an industrial cluster in this sector, he said.
Foreign investment in the production of medical devices is vital to reduce reliance on imports and facilitate development of supporting industries serving the healthcare sector, he said.
The 20th International Medical, Hospital & Pharmaceutical Exhibition, which opened in HCM City on Thursday, serves as a platform for foreign businesses to explore partnerships and investments in Viet Nam, he said at the inaugural ceremony.
Vietnam Medi-pharm Expo 2022, with its larger scale and exhibitor portfolio, is also a great opportunity for local businesses to access advanced technologies and specialised equipment in the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors, he added.
The expo brought together 260 exhibitors from 20 countries and territories, with businesses making pharmaceuticals and functional foods accounting for half of them.
The expo at the Saigon Exhibition and Convention Centre, organised by Vinexad JSC in collaboration with the association wrapped up on Saturday.
- CellOrigin Biotech Announces Global Strategic Collaboration with Qilu Pharma to Develop "Off-the-Shelf" CAR-iMAC Cell Therapy
- Enabling the Digital Literacy Generation for a Stronger Indonesian Economy
- Investors cautious about disbursing investments amid higher rates: experts
- Upwork's Top Rated Company Splace Debuts at Singapore Business Show
- Trieu Quang Phuc High School
Investors cautious about disbursing investments amid higher rates: experts
Lengthy visa process a setback for FDI firms
What’s Solstarter($SSS) | The whole lot you have to find out about it.
Vietnam seeks access to global value chains
NFT Venture On Solana y00ts Encountered An Error, Delayed NFT Mint Schedule