HCM City to focus on One Commune One Product development
One Commune One Product (OCOP) is a national programme that seeks to facilitate the development of regional agricultural specialties and rural tourism.
HCM City has 27 OCOP-certified products, 21 of them ‘four-star’, signifying their potential to reach international standards.
A sweetened pennywort powder from Thien Nhien Viet Produce Trading – Export – Import Co., Ltd. is being considered for five-star certification for having reached international standards.
The city targets 41 more getting OCOP designation this year, including 19 four-star products.
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development has recently submitted an OCOP programme plan for until 2025 to city authorities for approval, which will allow businesses all over the city to take part in the programme unlike now when only those in its five outlying districts can.
Dinh Minh Hiep, director of the department, said the city had been slow in developing OCOP compared to many provinces.
The department wants the city to roll out more policies to facilitate investment in agriculture and offer favourable loans to businesses developing OCOP products.
It also plans to work with supermarkets to allocate OCOP product sections and with Mekong Delta and Central Highland provinces to promote tourism and introduce the city’s OCOP products to tourists.
- Pho shops from the “grandparents” era in Ho Chi Minh City are still crowded despite the time
- Discover the beautiful paradise of cloud and Swertia flower in the Northwest region
- Spectacular competitors on the Ultimate Highway to Olympia 2022
- Take a look at vermicelli and pho dishes that are “paradoxical” but taste “out of sauce” in Hanoi
- 3 ravishing bays in Vietnam are on the list of “Club of the most beautiful bays in the world”
Binance Freezes $1 Million Company Accounts Due To Legislation Enforcement Requests
Invoice Murray’s Ethereum Pockets Hacked For 110 ETH ($174,000)
Binh Duong encourages enterprises to invest in social housing
Helium Proposes Shifting Complete Crypto Wi-fi Community To Solana
The 10th anniversary VietinBank - MUFG strategic alliance