Construction of VND3.8 trillion logistics centre starts in Vinh Phuc
The ground-breaking ceremony of the project was attended by the National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
pning 83ha in Huong Canh Township and Son Loi Commune in Binh Xuyen District, the centre has a designed customs clearance capacity of some 530,000 TEUs per year. The investor of the project is the T&Y Superport Vinh Phuc Joint Stock company, a consortium of the T&T Group and its Singaporean partners – the YCH Group and YCH Holdings Company.
As part of a detailed plan for the development of Viet Nam's inland port and logistics centre system in 2020, with a vision to 2030, the centre integrates the functions of a distribution centre and an inland container depot. Its first phase is planned to be put into operation in the third quarter of 2022 and Phase 2 in the fourth quarter of 2024.
This will be one of the largest logistics hubs in northern Viet Nam, linking industrial zones by road and rail as well as connecting to Ha Noi, the Hai Phong International Airport, and China’s Yunnan province, emphasised a representative of T&T Group.
The centre is expected to pave the way for a breakthrough in Viet Nam's logistics, towards the goal of cutting logistics cost to about 16–20 per cent of the GDP and raising the ratio of the sector's contribution to the GDP to 5–6 per cent by 2025.
According to the World Bank’s 2020 data, logistics cost in Viet Nam accounted for about 20.9-25 per cent GDP. Meanwhile, the figures for Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore were 19 per cent, 13 per cent, and 8 per cent, respectively.
Also at the ceremony, the T&T Group presented Vinh Phuc with 100,000 COVID-19 rapid test kits worth VND5 billion as a donation to the local pandemic response.
- LCOE-centered, 600W+ module drives global PV market with four key competencies
- Advanced Instruments Introduces Solentim VIPS™ PRO, A High Efficiency Single Cell Seeder to Optimize Cell Line Development Workflows
- Dunxin Financial Holdings Limited Reports Financial Results for the First Six Months of 2022
- SCG International sets 3 strategies to become leading trusted international supply chain partner; Unlocking supply chain disruption through end-to-end solutions
- Samsung Biologics Earns Gold Rating from EcoVadis for Its Sustainability Efforts
Banking prospects from now to the end of the year
European enterprises optimistic about Viet Nam’s economy: EuroCham
Three Arrows Capital Pockets Eliminated $33 Million Value Of stETH From Curve Pool
Panasonic offers more studying opportunities for Vietnamese talented students
Khanh Hoa develops rural industrial products