Industrial production grows 2.71% in first half of 2020
NDO – Vietnam’s industrial production grew by a modest 2.71% in the first six months of 2020 due to the impact of the coronavirus, according to the General Statistics Office.
Manufacturing expanded by 4.96%, the lowest first-half figure of the 2011-2020 period, while power generation and distribution grew by 3.04%, and water supply and waste treatment increased by 3.76%.
The mining and quarrying sector contracted 5.4% as crude oil fell sharply by 13.9% and natural gas declined by 9.1%.
But since the coronavirus crisis has been contained, various economic sectors have resumed, with industrial production starting to rebound in May.
Vietnam’s GDP expanded by 0.36% in the second quarter, meaning growth in the first half of the year was at just 1.81%.
- HAGENS BERMAN, NATIONAL TRIAL ATTORNEYS, Encourages Evolv
- Whittier Street Health Center to Hold Annual Meeting and
- State Treasury to auction VND400 trillion G-bonds this year
- Capital City Bank Hosts Grand Opening Event
- Law&Good raises $6 million in Series A2 funding, emerges as the fastest LegalTech startup to secure $10 million