Big C to rebrand its outlets as Tops Market, GO!
- Central Group bought Big C Vietnam from France’s Casino Group in 2016 for over $1 billion
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Retail chain Big C plans to rebrand all its outlets as Tops Market or GO! this year, laying the Big C name to rest after 22 years in Vietnam.
Thailand’s Central Retail, its owner, began the process on March 1 by changing the names of three Big C outlets in HCM City, in An Phu and Thao Dien in District 2 and Au Co in Tan Phu District, to Tops Market.
The four stores in Hanoi in Tu Liem, Ha Dong, Thanh Tri, and Thanh Xuan districts will be renamed soon.
By the end of last year five Big C hypermarkets in Nha Trang City, Can Tho and Ha Long cities and Binh Duong and Vinh Phuc provinces had their names changed to GO!.
The company said the rebranding is meant to create a new look and upgrade its shopping space.
Central Group bought Big C Vietnam from France’s Casino Group in 2016 for over $1 billion.
From 2022, the Big C brand will only exist in Thailand, where it is owned by TCC Group led by tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Hongkong Land continues its 132-year legacy in Vietnam
- Vietnam Consulate General in Cambodia sent gifts to support Preah Sihanouk against pandemic
- Kon Ha Nung to promote World Biosphere Reserve recognition
- Vietnam digital technology’s challenges’ can lead to solutions for society’s 'pains'
- USD 25 600 donated for equipment purchase for Friendship Primary School in Champasak Laos
Special Report Analysis and Conclusions on Djibouti President’s Fifth Term
VinFast Selects NVIDIA DRIVE to Power Next-generation Intelligent Autonomous Electric Vehicles
Cushman & Wakefield : Office Availability Rate to Rise and Rent to Drop Further throughout 2021
Binance Launches Stock Tokens with German-Swiss CM-Equity AG and Digital Asset AG
AXA launches "Free Double Post-Vaccination Protection" Programme