October index of industrial production continues to rise
Illustrative image (Source: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – The index of industrial production (IIP) in October increased 3.6 percent from the previous month and 5.4 percent against the same period last year, reported the Ministry of Industry and Trade .
The ministry said that thanks to the effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic , industrial production activities during the month maintained expansion, positively contributing to the country’s economic recovery.
However, in the first 10 months of 2020 the IIP rose 2.7 percent over the same period last year, much lower than the 9.5 percent increase in the same period in 2019.
Specifically, production of the manufacturing and processing industry increased by 4.2 percent, contributing 3.6 percentage points to the general growth, while that of electricity production and distribution rose by 3.2 percent, making up 0.3 percentage point.
Meanwhile, production of the mining industry fell by 8.1 percent, resulting in a decrease of 1.3 percentage points in the overall growth./.
- EDPR Sunseap eyes east Asia, Vietnam for utility scale capacity growth
- Steel sales plunge to two-year low
- Antengene Announces HREC Approval in Australia for the Phase I Trial of ATG-022 (Claudin 18.2 ADC) in Patients with Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
- Innovent Presents Phase Ib Clinical Data of IBI939 (Anti-TIGIT Monoclonal Antibody) in Previously Untreated PD-L1-selected NSCLC at the 2022 European Society For Medical Oncology Immuno-Oncology Congress
- SK Biopharmaceuticals' Partner Angelini Pharma Launches Cenobamate in France