Bac Lieu Province starts construction of ninth wind farm
NDO – Bac Phuong Company kicked off the construction of the second phase of the Dong Hai 1 Wind Farm in Bac Lieu on October 10 making it the ninth wind power project in the southern province.
The farm is located in the coastal commune of Long Dien Dong in Dong Hai District, covering 2700 hectares of water surface and 11 hectares of land.
It will cost more than VND5.5 trillion (US$237.8 million) and includes 26 turbines with a combined capacity of 100 megawatts, expected to add 367 million kWh to the national power system annually.
The first stage of the farm is scheduled to generate commercial electricity in the fourth quarter of 2020 and the entire project will be completed in the third quarter of next year.
Speaking at the start of construction, Bac Lieu Chairman Duong Thanh Trang affirmed that it is apparent that the province has become a major wind power centre with the implementation of a series of energy projects.
He urged local authorities to actively assist investors to deal with difficulties so that the farm can be fully operational by November 2021.
- Over 100 restaurants named in Vietnam’s first Michelin Guide selection
- Frost and Sullivan Institute unveils the 2023 Enlightened Growth Leadership Awards to Celebrate Companies Driving Transformation
- Your campus story for a world's audience
- CGTN: Why does preserving its cultural heritage matter so much to China?
- FlexRule®, the strongest contender, offers a mighty Decision Platform, says Forrester