Vegetable, fruit exports reach US$2.5 billion in nine months
Of which, in August this year, types of fruits contributing to the general growth of the agricultural sector included dragon fruit, mango, banana, coconut, jackfruit, durian, passion fruit, and longan. For processed products, products made from passion fruit, mango, chili, pineapple, and coconut were the main export items, but processed passion fruit exports tended to decrease. However, the market for passion fruit products remains large, while Vietnam has many competitive advantages.
The effective EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) will create conditions for Vietnamese fruit and vegetable exporters to compete with exporters in countries with the same geographical location in Southeast Asia like Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia, and other countries with the same weather conditions in South America like Peru and Ecuador.
Noticeably, Thailand’s import of fresh coconuts from Vietnam reached 129000 tons in the past months, worth $50.4 million, up 377.7 percent in volume, and 781.3 percent in value compared to the same period last year.
By Phan Thanh – Translated by Thuy Doan
- Saigon Times - Great Circle donates necessities to Covid-19 treatment hospitals
- Enjoying Innovative Vitamins That Taste Better: YOUVIT Gummies Launch in Hong Kong, Pledges Donation to Po Leung Kuk Children
- Gemini Horoscope September 2021 Monthly Predictions for Love Financial Career and Health
- 'AGON by AOC': a New Gaming Brand Strategy to Inspire Gamers at Every Level
- Vietnam’s internet speed is back to normal as undersea cable fixed
'AGON by AOC': a New Gaming Brand Strategy to Inspire Gamers at Every Level
CSG Delivers Future-Proof Agility and Automation for M1 Intercarrier Business, Helping Transform and Evolve Singapore’s Telecommunications Landscape
KYOI Group launches in Hong Kong to reinvent what investment opportunity means
Kerry Logistics Network Launches Own-Controlled Network to Link Asia to the Americas Hub
LFC Foundation and Right To Play launch Bangkok COVID-19 Emergency Appeal