Apple set to add Vietnamese to Siri
According to the LinkedIn job post, the person will be based at Ang Mo Kio in Singapore. The 15 key qualifications applicants are required include reading, writing and comprehension skills in both English and Vietnamese, understanding verbal nuances in Vietnamese and having an understanding of the Asia-Pacific region and cultural variations where the language is spoken.
Analysts said the company might be seeking to develop Siri in the Vietnamese market. It currently supports 37 languages, but not Vietnamese.
According to MacRumors forum, an aggregator of Apple-related rumors and reports on the web, Apple is also looking for Ukrainian, Hungarian, Slovak, Czech, Croatian, Greek, Flemish, Romanian, Polish, and Indonesian language specialists.
If successful, it is possible these languages will be added to Siri in the iOS 15 update.
Apple has gone on a hiring spree in Vietnam since the beginning of this year including from senior roles like regional operations.
- Agriculture must change to keep up with the world trend
- ABI Research's Latest Competitive Ranking Identifies HPE, NTT, Atos, and Capgemini Engineering as System Integrator Leaders for Enterprise 5G
- Vietnam’s Khanh Hoa to receive tourists from Kazakhstan in October
- Vietnam's branded residences gain international buyers
- Centrica Extends its Relationship with Cognizant to Manage its Application and IT Infrastructure Landscape