Solar power production triples
Renewable energy production, comprising solar, wind and biomass, was 727 billion kWh, accounting for 4.4 percent of total in the first eight months, according to a report by national utility Vietnam Electricity (EVN).
EVN has been building and upgrading 21 transmission lines since last year to
reduce national grid overload
caused by the upsurge in number of solar power plants, mostly in the central provinces of Ninh Thuan and Binh Thuan.
At present, there are 102 solar power plants operating in the country with a total capacity of 6300 MWp.
Nearly 50000 rooftop solar systems were operating by the end of August with a total capacity of nearly 1200 MWp, half of them installed in the first eight months.
Also in this period, coal-fired power production accounted for 54.2 percent of total, followed by hydropower at 23.8 percent and gas at 15.2 percent.
Total power production rose 2 percent year-on-year to 16405 billion kWh.
- FOUNDATION FOR ANGELMAN SYNDROME THERAPEUTICS (FAST) ANNOUNCES $5 MILLION GIFT TO ADVANCE CLINICAL TRIALS IN RARE NEURODEVELOPMENTAL DISORDERS
- Epiprotect reduces the cost for treatment of hard to heal leg ulcers with 83%
- Pit Pat Makes Online Running a Reality - Running Races via Apps Has Become a Daily Routine for Some Runners
- Cure Brain Cancer Foundation Rings Nasdaq Opening Bell, Announces U.S. Expansion
- Build a school and catch truant students in this new pixel School-sim