Vietnam’s shrimp export to RoK sees positive growth
Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – The Republic of Korea (RoK) is the fifth largest importer of Vietnamese shrimp product s, accounting for 10.7 percent of the country’s total shrimp export value .
According to the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP), Vietnam is exempt from import tax on shrimp in the Republic of Korea up to 15000 tonnes a year under the Vietnam-Korea Free Trade Agreement (VKFTA). Vietnam only ships around 2500 tonnes.
To utilise the opportunity, VASEP said shrimp exporters need to improve quality and remain abreast of the RoK’s procedures and requirements to overcome technical barriers.
Vietnam’s shrimp export to the RoK recorded positive growth in the first two quarters of 2020. VASEP forecast the sector to reach a growth of 5 percent in 2020.
In recent years, Vietnam has been the leading shrimp supplier to the RoK , accounting for 52 percent of that country’s total imports./.
- Amelia Hires Brandon Nott as Chief Product Officer
- Jacobio Pharma Announces 2022 Annual Results
- DTiQ Announces Senior Leadership Appointment to Oversee Sales & Marketing During Next Phase of Growth
- Amcor, Nfinite enter joint research agreement to leverage nanotechnology in recyclable and compostable packaging
- MediaGo Announces Full Deep Learning Capability For The Entire Marketing Chain
Hanoi should prioritize climate resilience in urban development: Experts
Investors voice concerns over unresolved pricing for renewable projects
Japanese retailers are opening more stores in Vietnam
Dozens of US Companies Flock to Vietnam to Tap into Fast-Growing Southeast Asian Market
Shares recover on increased demand