HCM City’s August CPI up 006 percent
Buying books at a store (Photo: VNA)
HCM City (VNA) – HCM City’s
consumer price index
( CPI ) rose 006 percent in August against July, according to the municipal Statistics Office.
Eight of the 11 groups of main consumer goods and services recorded month-on-month price increases: food and restaurant services (up 0.1 percent); beverages and tobacco (0.3 percent); garments, headwear, and footwear (007 percent); household appliances (0.2 percent); medicine and health services (001 percent); transport (011 percent); education (083 percent); and other goods and services (033 percent).
By contrast, slight decreases compared to July were seen in housing, electricity, water, fuel, and construction materials (031 percent); postal and telecoms services (002 percent); and culture, entertainment, and tourism (006 percent);
The August CPI was down 007 percent against last December but up 243 percent year-on-year. The average index for the eight-month period was up 324 percent year-on-year, the Statistics Office said./.
- uin Art Travel Shoes Unveils Its Design Philosophy -"CALSEN"
- Southeastern provinces attract over US$10 billion in new investments
- Flag salute ceremony at frontline gas field
- PitPat became the Thanksgiving gift that made online running trendy
- VENUSTAS Announces Heated Apparel Seasonal Plans For Black Friday Holiday Sale