VN-China to mark 20th anniversary of signing Land Border Treaty
A ceremony will be held in Mong Cai city, Quang Ninh Province on August 23 to mark the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Land Border Treaty and 10th anniversary of the signing of the three legal documents on land border between the two countries.
Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh (R) and Chinese Chinese
State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi co-chair a press conference at
the Government Guest House in Ha Noi on April 1, 2018. Photo: VGP
The event will be co-chaired by Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh and Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
The event is of significant importance as it provides an opportunity for the two countries to review and evaluate outcomes and experiences since the sides inked the treaty and the legal documents.
Both sides will also review development cooperation activities in the border areas and charter directions to further improve the effectiveness of coordination in management of the borderline, contributing to strengthening the comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership between the two neighbors.
The Viet Nam-China Treaty of Land Border was signed by Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Nguyen Manh Cam and Chinese Foreign Minister Tang Jiaxuan in Ha Noi on December 31, 1999.
The two countries signed the three legal documents, namely the Protocol on border demarcation and marker planting, the Agreement on border management regulations, and the Agreement on border gates and land border gate management regulations, in Beijing on November 18, 2009./.
By: Huong Giang/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- S&P releases Fosun International's ESG score report: Fosun International's ESG score improves significantly
- Finalists announced in lead up to the Australian Disability Service Awards
- Saudi Data, AI Authority (SDAIA) and Ministry of Energy Partner with IBM to Accelerate Sustainability Initiatives in Saudi Arabia Using AI
- VisualCortex gains Premier status in NVIDIA Inception Program
- paymBTC vs. BTC: Which Is Better For You in 2022?