Special promotions offered on ASEAN Online Sale Day
NDO/VNA – As many as 215 businesses from 10 member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are offering special promotion programmes during ASEAN Online Sale Day, taking place on August 8.
Initiated by Vietnam as ASEAN Chair 2020, the event marks the founding anniversary of the bloc (August 8) and aims to promote cross-border e-commerce within the grouping, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT)’s E-Commerce and Digital Economy Department.
It also manifests intra-bloc solidarity as well as assisting regional economic recovery post-COVID-19, the department said.
Nineteen Vietnamese businesses participated in the event, with prestigious e-commerce platforms like Lazada, Shopee, Fado, Tiki, Thegioididong and Accesstrade, and infrastructure firms such as Viettel Post, VNPay and ZaloPay.
Notably, customers will get free shipment services on the day. They can access www.aseanonlinesaleday.com and other information channels of ASEAN to stay updated on the event.
This is an opportunity for consumers in ASEAN and Vietnam in particular to experience online shopping in an open, safe and quality market under the supervision of governments, while helping regional firms adapt to and promote digital transformation and build up their reputations, especially those that are making efforts to overcome the adverse impacts of COVID-19.
- COVID-19: the country detects three new imported cases
- September 28 session: Foreign investors net sold for the 3rd consecutive session
- Dong Nai approved the planning of 1,128 adjacent land plots for the resettlement project
- Comment on derivative stocks on September 29: Be cautious at the resistance zone at 870-875 points
- Vietnam sets 17 goals for 2030