Seven state companies in HCMC post losses
The biggest, of VND87 billion ($3.7 million), was by bus manufacturer Saigon Mechanical Engineering Corporation (Samco), whose sales had plummeted because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Tour company Saigontourist posted losses of VND35 billion as travel demand dropped.
Saigon Zoo-Botanical Garden Company Ltd reported losses of VND18.8 billion as its zoo in District 1 was closed in April amid the social distancing campaign.
The combined revenues of the 47 state-owned companies were worth VND29 trillion ($1.2 billion), and their profits were VND3.16 trillion.
Saigon Jewelry Company (SJC), which sells the popular SJC gold, had the highest revenues of VND11.43 trillion.
It was followed by mall operator Saigon Trading Group (Satra) and water utility Saigon Water Corp (Sawaco).
Industrial park operator Tan Thuan IPC achieved 73 percent of its revenue target for the year, highest among all the companies.
- COVID-19: the country detects three new imported cases
- September 28 session: Foreign investors net sold for the 3rd consecutive session
- Dong Nai approved the planning of 1,128 adjacent land plots for the resettlement project
- Comment on derivative stocks on September 29: Be cautious at the resistance zone at 870-875 points
- Vietnam sets 17 goals for 2030