Feeling Anxious About Seeing A Doctor? This Might Help
When did you last have a health checkup? It's recommended that we should have our health examined at least once a year.
For many Vietnamese, once per year is still too much to handle, mainly because the old habit of sick care and reluctance to see doctors is firmly established in people’s minds. Underestimating health problems increase the risk of non-communicable diseases, like blood pressure and heart attacks.
Health is inseparable from human life but so intangible that we usually neglect it until our body sends a warning signal. If you consider your health an actual entity, like friends or relatives, who you want to be with for as long as possible, how would you keep this relationship strong, healthy, and long-term?
Transform the once-a-year fear into a monthly good habit
People still prefer sick care to healthcare. They only go to the hospital when they already get sick, making it a scarier place.
How about considering health checkups as a new habit and starting doing it early? Healthcare should begin as soon as possible by proactively seeking ways for health maintenance and disease prevention. Here is a simple 4-step roadmap according to Jio Health doctors:
- Register for membership at a reliable clinic or hospital
- Consult your doctor’s advice on forming good lifestyle habits and a healthy diet. Plus, don’t forget to take regular healthcare checkups to enable your doctor to monitor your health conditions closely and devise or change preventive care plans as soon as possible
- Take your health checkups persistently to help your doctor closely monitor your health conditions and devise any preventative plans if needed
- Give your doctor regular updates on your health conditions
3 benefits of having a clinic membership
It may sound unusual to apply for membership not at a gym or spa, but at a clinic. Like other membership models, becoming a clinic member offers you more exclusive health benefits.
Personalized care plans
The first advantage of having a clinic membership is to have a healthcare plan customized based on your behavioral patterns and physical conditions instead of following Google’s advice and going with any medicines recommended on your own.
Self-diagnosing would lead to unfortunate fatal consequences of misdiagnosis and buying the wrong dose of medicines. According to The Jackson Laboratory, on average, any given prescription drug now on the market only works for half of those who take it due to each person’s distinct genetic makeup.
At Jio Health, each member of Jio Premium will be provided unlimited clinic or doctor home visits and personalized care plans for all ages and different conditions. The members will also have access to the network of elite specialists with more than ten years of experience anytime, anywhere, so there is no need to take the risks of self-diagnosing.
Currently, Vietnamese people with health insurance still have to pay approximately 43% of personal medical examination and treatment fees, double the rate recommended by WHO. The cost of examining and treating non-communicable diseases such as cardiovascular disease and cancer (which require highly skilled doctors and long treatment yet quickly get complicated) is 40-50 times higher than infectious diseases like flu and fever.
Health experts have constantly reminded people to have regular health checkups, including screening tests to detect diseases early for saving you money, time and effort. A healthcare ecosystem like Jio Health offers several services to keep its Jio Prime and Jio Premium members from being out of pocket for medical spending:
- In-patient hospitalization coverage associated with more than 30 insurance companies will pay hospital fees on your behalf, saving you time, effort, and money, but still ensuring your benefits.
- Jio Prime healthcare coverage from only 250,000 VND/month with benefits such as unlimited doctor visits, 24/7 online health consultations, free pharmacy home delivery for prescription medications and over-the-counter (OTC) products, and many other exclusive discounts.
According to WHO research, the three levels of human health conditions are Healthy, Not well but not ill, and Unhealthy. However, only 5% of the population is considered Healthy, with the majority being classified in the other two categories.
In these two states, the immune system is weakened, leaving your body vulnerable to virus "attacks." Therefore, regular medical examinations effectively "shield" us against diseases.
If you go to the doctor once a year, it will only take 3-4 hours to get diagnosed, tested, and receive medical advice on changing your exercise habits, and diet or be warned early about potential diseases.
In contrast, if you ignore your body conditions until the illness worsens, you’ll be hospitalized for weeks or even months. And in the worst-case scenario, it may be incurable.
Only when you are conscious about your health and disciplined with your care plans can your health conditions improve over time. Therefore, no matter how busy you are, try to commit yourself to a general health check-up every six months. This would save you a lot of time in the future. This advice is not something novel but becoming much more urgent in the face of a global pandemic.
Taking healthcare seriously and persistently from a young age will show that medical examination and treatment are not that daunting. A comprehensive healthcare ecosystem like Jio Health with a straightforward process and a team of highly skilled doctors will accompany you on your healthcare journey.
Jio Health has now offered a complete spectrum of care covering Maternity Care, Full Eye Exam, Genetic Cancer Screening, Otolaryngology, Dentistry, and Psychopsychology with many specialists in charge. Learn more about Jio Health's different plans here.
Translated by Bich Tram
- FPT Industrial announces the acquisition of a minority stake in Blue Energy Motors
- ZTE endorses Catalyzing Electrification Accord
- Moonfare Expands Foothold to India opening Digital Private Market Investing Platform to eligible investors
- The 6th China (Shenzhen) Innovation & Entrepreneurship International Competition Eindhoven, Netherlands Division is Open for Registration
- Biosyngen Gives Cell Therapy GMP Capabilities in Singapore A Boost
Banking prospects from now to the end of the year
European enterprises optimistic about Viet Nam’s economy: EuroCham
Three Arrows Capital Pockets Eliminated $33 Million Value Of stETH From Curve Pool
Panasonic offers more studying opportunities for Vietnamese talented students
Khanh Hoa develops rural industrial products